Athletes are quite a bunch! No matter which sport or what nationality, it seems like there is a recurring pattern in personalities. After much analysis of big data, we came up with the ultimate list of the 10 most common athletes types:
You make sacrifices. You follow the program. Whatever is written on it, you do it. Heck, you once did 55 sets of dead lift thinking your coach was crazy...turns out he's only clumsy and his fat fingers turned the conservative 5 reps into a suicidal mission. While often being the most successful, you are the one that nobody remembers. And quite frankly, you could not care less, you are doing it for yourself... or at least that's what you tell everybody. Nonetheless, you genuinely don't care. You are in it to push your limits and goals.
Every trip is an adventure. You're the first one out of the hotel and the last one in. You're always on the go. Nobody understand how you do it. How can you have so much energy while everybody have been resting all day!
You are kind of like the Tourist... but a bit more extreme. If a back-country skiing workout doesn't involve contact with wildlife or makes for a good bonfire story, you consider it a failure. You are the one who (somehow) do (somewhat) the same thing as everybody else but always end up in the craziest situations. Remember that time when…
General rule of thumb:
- The Athletepreneur likes the Geek. Vice versa.
- The Tourist always tries to get the Adventurer on board.
- The Adventurer always gets the Talented to show off.
- ... which will trigger an impulse of creativity from the Comedian.
- The Dedicated usually hates the Athletepreneur and the Tourist and the Adventurer and the Comedian... and definitely the Talented.
- ...and everybody is secretely jealous of the One.
Now, imagine living out of a packed house for months at a time with 6 or 7 athletes with different cultures, from a variety of backgrounds and most importantly with different 'athlete types'. It's these surreal situations, that constant circus and these improbable friendships that makes our lifestyle as athlete so amazing.
Because, it's all about the journey, right?
– Antoine / athlete & co-founder